Monday, January 25, 2016

What to do when people keep quoting stuff and you haven't seen what they are talking about and maybe don't really care to, but you want to be in the conversation


We've all been there. You're with a group of friends. They all start talking about a movie and you know nothing about that movie. What do you do? You want to be a part of the conversation. You want to look cultured. You don't want to admit that you haven't watched this movie (ESPECIALLY if it is considered a "classic") You don't want to have someone look at you shocked and say, "You haven't seen <insert movie here>!?"

DO NOT FEAR! The Three Thisters have you covered! We have compiled a list of what we feel are "classics" that are brought up often in conversations. Haven't seen that movie? Don't worry!  We have included a 1-2 line synopsis and frequently quotes lines. Memorize a few of the lines from the list below and no one will ever know you haven't seen it.

MOVIES:

The Sandlot:
Three Thisters say: Absolute classic. Love.
Brief Synopsis: Dorky kid makes friends with a group of awesome kids obsessed with baseball. Dorky kid accidentally loses his step father's ball signed by Babe Ruth in the yard where an infamously scary dog lives.
Lines to Memorize:
"FOR-E-VER." (say it really slowly and use your lips A LOT. Say it 2-3x at least)
"You're killin' me Smalls!"
"You play baseball like a girl!"
"Close catapult."
"Just hold your glove in the air, I'll take care of it."
"Some lady gave it to him named Ruth. Baby Ruth."

Little Rascals
Three Thisters say: Classic. Love it.
Brief Synopsis: A group of boy have a club called the "He Man Woman Haters." This movie goes through the adventures of those boys and how they end up changing their club a bit.
Quotes to Memorize:
"Please don't say my name, please don't say my name."
"He's as smooth as a baby's bottom. And he smells better too!"
"I've got two pickles, I've got two pickles, I've got two pickles, hey, hey, hey!"
"We're going to the race, we're gonna win first place, and you have an ugly face! No, you have an ugly face! Your mama has an ugly face!"
"His voice. It makes me melt like a Popsicle on the fourth a July."
"Why are boys such jerks?"
"Dear Darla, I have your stinkin' guts. You make me vomit. You are scum between my toes. Love, Alfalfa."

Napoleon Dynamite:
Three Thisters say: Watch it twice. You might like it the second time.
Brief Synopsis: Napoleon helps his friend Pedro run for school office.
Quotes to Memorize:
"Go make yourself a dang quesadilla!" (Pronounce the l's in quesadilla)
"Your mom goes to college."
"We chat online for like 3 hours a day, so I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious."
"Are you drinking 1% because you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."
"Nice sleeves."

Monty Python & the Holy Grail:
Three Thisters say: Honestly, if you haven't seen this one...consider yourself lucky. We'll never get those 2 hours back.
Brief Synopsis: I don't even know.
Lines to Memorize: 
"I fart in your general direction."
"Bring out your dead!"
"Just a flesh-wound."
"I'll nibble your legs off!"

Nacho Libre:
Three Thisters say: In the right mood, this movie rocks. The thisters loves Jack Black.
Brief Synopsis: In order to realize his dream and earn money for better food for the orphans at the orphanage he works at, Ignacio (Jack Black) works as a wrestler.
Quotes to Memorize:
"No, no, no, no, no, no way Jose!" (sung)
"I've had diarrhea since Easters."
"No, Chancho, I would never leave you. I just need some sweats."
"You are fast, like a giselle."
"You have not been baptized!?"
"Everything you just said is MY favorite thing to do. Every. Day."
"Do you remember the time that everyone was chanting my name? And I used my strength to rip my blouse?"
"My life is good. REAL good."

Muppet Christmas Carol:
Three Thisters say: DEFINITELY the best Christmas Carol. Muppets at their finest.
Brief Synopsis: Scrooge hates Christmas until he is visited by three ghosts: The ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future.
Quotes to Memorize:
"It DOES, doesn't it?" (Said in best Miss Piggy voice)
"You can fit through those bars?"
"Rizzo, Rizzo, grab on to the stick."
"It is the American way! What? Oh. It is the British way!"
"Even the vegetables don't like him."
"I believe Christmas has done me good and it will do me good and I say God bless it!"
"There two things I hate. Heights and jumping from them."

The Ten Commandments:
Three Thisters say: Doesn't follow the Bible very well, but a great, classic flick.
Brief Synopsis: The story of Moses from the Bible...kind of.
Quotes to Memorize:
"So let it be written, so let it be done."
"Let my people go!"

Rocky:
Three Thisters say: You've got to love these movies.
Brief Synopsis: Rocky is an underdog boxer.
Quotes to Memorize:
Eye of the Tiger (song)
"Adrienne!"

The Princess Bride:
Three Thisters say: If you haven't seen this movie. Go see it. Please.
Brief Synopsis: Buttercup is saved from a bad engagement by her true love, Wesley, who she thought was dead. Wesley is accompanied by Inigo Montoya and Fezzik who have their own adventures to go on.
Quotes to Memorize:
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."
"I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"
"Humperdink, Humperdink, Humperdink!"
"Stop rhyming and I mean it!" "Anybody want a peanut?"
"Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist <scream>."
"Inconceivable!"
"That word you keep using. I do not think it means what you think it means."
"You think a little head jiggle is supposed to make me happy?"

Star Wars:
Three Thisters say: This has recently become near and dear to our three hearts. We support the rebellion. (PS-there are no spoilers listed in this post...probably)
Brief Synopsis: Where do we begin? Basically, there's the good guys and the bad guys. They're all in space fighting. Jedi's = Good.
Quotes to Memorize:
"Do or do not, there is no try." (Said in best Yoda voice. Similar to Miss Piggy above.)
"Luke, I am your father."
"Someone move this walking carpet."
"I love you." "I know."
"UUUNNNNNHHHHH!" (Chewbaca)
"Nobody cares if you upset a droid."
"May the force be with you."
"The force is strong with this one."
"Much to learn, you still have." (Again, in Yoda voice)

Lord of the Rings:
Three Thisters say: I think I speak for all three thisters when I say, this is n't our favorite. We respect anyone who likes it, but it isn't our cup of tea.
Brief Synopsis: There's a ring that holds a TON of power, it changes people. Frodo and his buddy Sam (Hobbits) go on a quest to destroy said ring.
Quotes to Memorize:
"Not all who wander are lost."
"My precious." (in your creepiest voice)

Home Alone I & II:
Three Thisters say: Must see. Every Christmas.
Brief Synopsis: Kevin is accidentally left at home one year, the next he makes it to New York...alone. Each year, he has to protect his home/self from two robbers through crazy tricks.
Quotes to Memorize:
"Look what you did you little jerk."
"Harry! I made it to the top!"
"Wow! What a hole!"
"KEVIN!"
"Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association?"
"What kind of idiots do you have working here!?" "The finest in New York ma'am!"
"Merry Christmas ya filthy animal."
"Get out of here you nosy little pervert or I'm gonna slap you silly!"

Karate Kid:
Three Thisters say: We love Daniel-san!
Brief Synopsis: When Daniel moves to a new city, he quickly meets the bullies of his school. To help him, he works with Mr. Miyagi who teaches him the art of Karate.
Quotes to Memorize:
"Wax on, wax off."
"Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything."
"Learn how punch after you learn how keep dry."

Harry Potter 1-7 Part II:
Three Thisters say: 2/3 sisters like Harry Potter. 1 of them LOVES it.
Brief Synopsis: Harry is a wizard destined to defeat the worst wizard who has ever lived.
Quotes to Memorize:
"Always."
"Yer a wizard, Harry."
"I solemly swear that I am up to no good."
"Mischief managed."
"I will have order!"
"I must not tell lies."
"Of course it's happening inside your head Harry."
"AVADA KEDAVRA!"
"Swish and Flick."
"George swears he got a bogie flavored one once!"

Thanks for reading. Hope this helps. We love our dedicated fan base and hope to return your emails as quickly as we can. They just come in so fast! Lots of love. Hope to see you at our book signing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for saving me from watching a few that I never want to. Now I wont feel so out of the loop! Although I would add "Light the lamp, not the rat! Light the lamp, not the rat! Light the lamp, not the rat!" to The Muppet Christmas Carol. I find that yelling that line repeatedly most effectively conveys the spirit of the movie.

    ReplyDelete