Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A "Sticky" Situation




My husband and I were out of syrup. So, being the crafty/creative/clever lady I am, I made some syrup using water, sugar, and maple flavoring. The "situation" became "sticky" when I realized that we did not own a plastic funnel. I tried not to panic, but here sat 2 1/4 cups of "sticky" syrup in my pot with an empty plastic syrup bottle with a narrow neck. I attempted to pour the "sticky" syrup from the pot to the bottle, but to no avail.... if I did that, I would get "sticky" and so would my counter, the bottle, and outside surface of the pot! Can we say "sticky" situation? "Sticky" situation!
I got some wax paper.
This wax paper is Hy*Top brand Add caption
I cut a hole in it that was just smaller than the bottle opening. 
I stood behind so you could see the size of the hole
I then put the wax paper on top of the bottle opening. Conveniently enough, it was "sticky"!
Syrup bottle (almost empty)
I am not going to lie and say it went perfectly. You need to find a good speed rate to pour the syrup. If it is too fast, then the syrup will gather in one area of the wax paper, causing that part of the wax paper to fall and the syrup to spill on to the counter. This may or may not have happened to me. 
Add caption
After about 7 minutes, our syrup bottle was full! After about 17 minutes, our counter was un-sticky!
"
A "Sticky" Situation Finished!
Basically, when working with syrup, it's going to be a "sticky" situation but thanks to my wax paper, it was an enjoyable one! Thanks wax paper! Thanks Hy*Top! Thanks maple syrup flavoring! Thanks readers for your support! 

1 comment:

  1. I have been googling for such a post like this for longer then I care to remember. I too have run out of syrup more times then I care to count and have tried many other options as replacement. Mayonnaise? Too pale. Motor Oil? Right color, wrong taste. But then, I came across this post and it's as if a brownish colored light that tastes great on pancakes was turned on! Thank you random stranger for this brilliant insight.

    ReplyDelete