Saturday, June 28, 2014

HOW TO: Pit your Avocado

My husband and I enjoy a good guac mix every once in a while. We also frequently put avocados on our tacos, toastadas, etc. Getting the pit out of the avocado can be quite the chore! I used to use the method I call the, "try not to lose a finger" method. This method involves whacking the pit of the avocado with a knife, and pulling. Flaws to this method include: 1. If the knife isn't in the pit far enough, it comes out. 2. If the knife is too far into the pit, the pit may come out with some difficulty, resulting into some possible knife to the nose flinging action. Neither of these are good options. So, after some observations, I have finally found a sensible alternative.
Step one: (Similar to step one of the "try not to lose a finger" method):
Whack the pit with a knife.
Step 2: (This one is REALLY important, it sets the two methods apart):
TWIST the knife that is in the avocado.
Step three: 
PULL the avocado pit out of the avocado.
I have found this way is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than the other method.

Click the link below to visit our Youtube channel and see a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment